We all want New Brunswick to prosper and to become an even better place to live and work.
The New Brunswick Information Technology Council was formed to help New Brunswickers better understand how Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) fit into the prosperity puzzle.
We want to work with users of ICT products and services, government, and other stakeholders to shape and implement the changes which help enable that prosperity. How can we get there? Here’s a few things that will help get us started down the road:
- Doubling the number of high-school graduates enrolling in science and ICT related diploma and degree programs by 2018;
- Attracting 2 or more research, development and commercialization operations from ICT multi-nationals in each of the next 4 years;
- Growing private sector R&D to the Canadian average by 2016, become the Canadian leader by 2020, and a global leader by 2018;
- Becoming a Canadian leader in start-up volume by 2017 and start-up success rate by 2018;
- Leveraging the Province’s broadband infra-structure to become the world leader in low cost/high value delivery of government services by 2018;
- Becoming globally competitive in investment attraction by 2017.
New Brunswick is a great place to live. We want to ensure our sons and daughters, regardless of their dreams and passions, can choose to live and work here. Why not give us a hand?